A fast-paced, modern city proud of its Southern hospitality, Atlanta, Ga., offers a wide range of activities, sports and cultural attractions. Thrill seekers flock to Six Flags Over Georgia, with its Goliath and Georgia Scorcher roller coasters. Other popular attractions are the Georgia Aquarium, voted the No. 1 aquarium in the U.S. by Trip Advisor, the Fernbank Museum's dinosaurs, Centennial Park, home to the 1996 Olympics, and the world's largest adventure course at Stone Mountain.
Instrumental and choral performances will be held Friday at the Clayton County Performing Arts Center or The Griffin Theatre.
The parade competition will take place Saturday.
Saturday admission to Six Flags Over Georgia theme park.
- Festival performance participation
- Written and digitally recorded comments by qualified and recognized adjudicators
- Trophies and awards, as applicable
- A Fiesta-val Commemorative flag for the group
- A Fiesta-val Souvenir for each student and chaperone
- An official director’s online handbook
- One free director per application
- Taxes and gratuities
- Saturday admission to Six Flags Over Georgia
- Gala awards ceremony in the park
|▶||$188 per Student; $60 per Adult|
THE OVERNIGHT FESTIVAL PACKAGE
Everything in The Festival Package, PLUS:
- Overnight accommodations at your choice of hotel
- One free adult (Double Rate) per 25 students, for groups of 50 or more
2 Days/1 Night Starting at:
|▶||$221 per Student Quad Rate|
$125 per Adult Double Rate
Additional overnight packages are available.
Fiesta-val recommends one chaperone per eight students.
April 5-6, 12-13, 26-27
WHERE YOU WILL PERFORM:
The Clayton County Performing Arts Center offers a multipurpose hall with three performance areas accommodating audiences ranging from 250 to nearly 2,000 people. Computerized lighting and audio provide state-of-the-art technical backup.
The Griffin Theatre. The large stage of the Griffin Auditorium makes it the perfect venue with plenty of room for chorus, orchestra, and band performances.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
For Atlanta area information, visit www.atlanta.net.
Please contact Barbara Dougherty, Options Coordinator, for assistance with Atlanta area attractions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Broadway performer enjoys judging Fiesta-val
Marc Dalio's route to Broadway took an interesting set of turns, some luck, and the support of his parents and mentors.
With a long list of professional theatrical credits, including starring roles in Disney's Beauty and the Beast, Les Miserables, Pippin, West Side Story, South Pacific and others, Dalio - a choral judge for Fiesta-val - wasn't very interested in singing or theater growing up.
"We are back from Pigeon Forge and the trip was awesome! The kids had such a great time! Thank you for all your help planning and setting things up for us – the hotel was perfect and the festival location and the adjudication were top notch."
- Pamela Letts, Band Director, H.B. du Pont Middle School
"Everyone had a great time this weekend, everything went very well, and Fiesta-val music staff were helpful and friendly. Thanks for a great time!"
- Charlee Eaves, Band Director, Nansemond-Suffolk Academy
"The facilities and especially the auditorium are about as good as it gets, and the Fiesta-val staff did an outstanding job as usual."
- Otis Kitchen, Director of Bands-Emeritus, Elizabethtown College